Service And Fee ExplanationWe offer exceptional services at very reasonable rates
Our Services and Fees
We are a fee-only firm and use a simple ‘flat fee’ structure – no product sales, no commissions, and no shenanigans. We are a family practice providing real real value to our clients. Our planning improves lives by providing financial peace of mind through careful counsel and quantitative modeling. We don’t simply tell you that you will be OK, we illustrate your plan results in easy to read reports. And, we let you take control of the planning software, MoneyGuidePro, to explore on your own.
Flexible meeting times, including evenings and weekends.
Service 1. Comprehensive Financial Planning: Short-Term Engagement.
- Intended for clients who want a financial plan without a long-term commitment. Many clients choose this service before engaging in an ongoing arrangement.
- Streamlined, structured process for in-person or remote planning.
- Collaborative process that answers all of your questions. Easy to read reports are provided to help illustrate plan results and scenarios.
- Elements of our comprehensive plan include:
- Employee Benefits
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), Foreign Service pension, health insurance.
- Retirement Planning
- Retirement timing decisions and scenario modeling.
- Retirement cash flow to illustrate income from FS pension, Social Security, TSP, and other sources.
- Are you saving enough, or perhaps too much at the expense of other goals?
- Investment Planning
- TSP, IRAs, taxable accounts, old 401(k) and 403(b) accounts.
- Home Ownership
- Buy vs. rent, absentee homeowner issues, rental property.
- Insurance Planning & Risk Management
- Life insurance, disability, personal and professional liability, LTCi.
- Education Funding
- How much to save. How to select, setup, and manage a 529 plan.
- Estate Planning
- Guidance on wills, trusts and beneficiary designations.
- Tax Planning
- Income tax planning, tax domicile, and residence.
- Employee Benefits
Please schedule a free consultation for a fee quote.
Service 2. Wealth Management: Ongoing Financial Planning With Portfolio Management.
After completing a comprehensive plan, many clients want to maintain an ongoing relationship with us. Our ongoing service includes:
- Ongoing financial planning.
- Periodic reviews to keep you on track to achieve your goals.
- Investment management by our highly experienced team.
- Portfolio selection, implementation, and monitoring.
- Quarterly performance reports.
- Access to our new client dashboard (coming early 2018).
Fees for ongoing services are based on a percentage of the assets under management (AUM). This means that fees are based a percentage of your portfolio that we manage. We do not base our fee on your total net worth or your total investments – only on the portfolio we manage. This fee covers portfolio selection, implementation, and monitoring as well as all ongoing financial planning services. In our opinion, this is the most cost effective fee arrangement for clients. Our maximum AUM fee is 1% and decreases with increasing portfolio value. Details provided upon request.
For an insightful discussion of the value provided to clients through ongoing wealth management, please read this article from Vanguard.