Financial PlanningGetting from here to there
The Financial Planning Process
1. Initial Consultation
2. Sign Planning Agreement
3. Gather Financial Information
4. Create Financial Summary
5. Discuss Goals and Issues
6. Recommend Actions
At this point we are able to make specific recommendations for each financial issue. This most often includes recommendations for the following areas:
- Retirement scenarios: We create very accurate “what if” retirement scenarios based on various retirement dates, and your income from FSPS, Social Security, TSP, part-time work, and other income sources.
- Investments: TSP allocation, IRA accounts, and overall investments.
- Insurance: FEGLI or other life insurance, liability (personal and professional), healthcare, and homeowners.
- College savings plans.
- Home purchase strategies.
- Estate planning.
7. Implement Plan
8. Monitor Plan
Since the standard planning agreement is time-limited, the client will monitor the plan according to a schedule we provide. Clients for whom we have an ongoing relationship, montoring is provided through periodic reviews.
The Services We Offer
We have two ways of working with clients:
1. Short-term engagement to create a financial plan. This option allows for three months of collaborative planning to address all of a client’s planning needs.
2. Ongoing financial planning support. This option is available to clients who want us to manage their investment portfolio. It includes continuous financial planning support in additon to investment management.
Flexible Meeting OptionsClient meetings can be conducted in person, by phone or via web-conference.
Leading-Edge ToolsThe industry-leading software we use for developing financial plans allows clients to participate in the planning process and to create multiple “what if” scenarios.
Having a well-crafted plan is your best way to achieve peace of mind and turn dreams into reality. Please take a look at part of a sample plan. A complete financial plan will include information not shown in the sample.